Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to remove the rear light cluster. I've removed the two fixing screws shown in the owners manual but it still won't come off. The manual shows three locator pins but I don't seem to able to release them. Any suggestions please. The model is a 2006 x-trail columbia cd i.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Kimartin,

Brute force and ignorance is what's needed here!

Remove the two screws then simply use a sturdy screwdriver to lever the light cluster off. It's a tight fit.
Take care not to damage the paintwork, insulating tape at strategic points helps here.

Roger

·
Registered
81 Posts
Roger43 said:
Hi Kimartin,

Brute force and ignorance is what's needed here!

Remove the two screws then simply use a sturdy screwdriver to lever the light cluster off. It's a tight fit.
Take care not to damage the paintwork, insulating tape at strategic points helps here.

Roger
Sorry Roger, NEVER use a screwdrivers to remove the tail lights unless you want to end-up with a huge scratch or dent. The way to remove the tail lights is to grab the top edge of the lens and pull towards yourself as hard as you can and it'll come off. It is only hard to remove them the first time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Canyonroll said:
It is really tightly stuck in. :shock: I could not believe the amount of force required.
It's a straight pull though.
Just had to take mine off to change the brake bulb and cannot believe how hard that was to take off.Took about 15 minutes of pulling before it finally came off.Mine came off at the bottom end first. :headbang:

·
Registered
186 Posts
When you put it back on use a little oil on on the nipples so it will come off without having to so much force.... and yes no joke about oil on the nipples.. :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts