Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our new X-Trail didn't come with sat nav so we've treated the family (and binned this year's holiday...) and had a Pioneer AVIC-D3BTi with rear screens installed for the kids, it's a great system and fits the dash perfectly and it even controls my daughetrs Ipod!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi apj
You've not missed much by not having the X-Trail's standard satnav. Any of the much cheaper TomToms (or most other makes) are better, more up-to-date and much cheaper to update.
OK, so I've got a thing about that satnav. My problem with it is that it will not compute a long trip in one go.
Have fun with your new system.
Roger

·
Registered
8 Posts
apj444 said:
Our new X-Trail didn't come with sat nav so we've treated the family (and binned this year's holiday...) and had a Pioneer AVIC-D3BTi with rear screens installed for the kids, it's a great system and fits the dash perfectly and it even controls my daughetrs Ipod!
Hi how much did it cost?
Any pictures?

Cheers.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Roger43 said:
Hi apj
You've not missed much by not having the X-Trail's standard satnav. Any of the much cheaper TomToms (or most other makes) are better, more up-to-date and much cheaper to update.
OK, so I've got a thing about that satnav. My problem with it is that it will not compute a long trip in one go.
Roger
Mine just calculated Wirral Peninsular to Oban!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Roger43 said:
Hi apj
Roger
Actually I found the standard SatNav in my T31 much better than my top-of-the-range Garmin.

It can calculate very long cross-Europe routes of over 1,000 miles and has street-level mapping in even the tiniest of villages in Central Europe (which the Garmin did not have, even on the special country map).

Updating the X-trail SatNav was about £120 for the new disc - not cheap, but nowhere near as expensive as other in-car systems.

My only complaints are that it does not support post-code search and there is no speed camera database (so I got a Novus Alpha for that).

If yours will not calculate a long trip, you must have a faulty unit or faulty DVD - I have no problem in this respect with mine. It's easy to test the DVD, just get your dealer to use one from a showroom vehicle in yours and see if it does the calculation - if it does, you have a faulty/damaged DVD which needs replacing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts