Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

Has anybody tried replacing the pads to their keyfob. Both of mine are worn and the wifes has packed up. Am gonna try a new battery in the wifes to see if that fixes it but they do need replacement.

Has anybody replaced these. If so where did you go? how much? did you have to do any re-programming?

Cheers

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
crispypancake said:
Hi Guys

Has anybody tried replacing the pads to their keyfob. Both of mine are worn and the wifes has packed up. Am gonna try a new battery in the wifes to see if that fixes it but they do need replacement.

Has anybody replaced these. If so where did you go? how much? did you have to do any re-programming?

Cheers
I don't know what type you have but I changed mine about a month ago and is a simple task to do and you don't need to reprogram it either.
The the cover I changed is the one in the photo below and I bought it on ebay £6.00 as I don't like paying dealer prices.

Left click mouse to open up jpeg file

Ebay link Key Fob ▼

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-ALMERA-PRI ... 2c56374cb0

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What a complete star.

Spoke with Nissan yesterday, just out of interest I might add, and they wanted #62.00 per key fob and then #40.00 for programming - so #160.00 basically. Its just the rubber thats knackard.

So will order my new cover from ebay for #12.00ish

Many Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.