Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on tyres would be welcome,tyres fitted are 215/65 R16
I dont do any serious offroading mudy tracks are about my limit.
Looking for a quite tyre good value for money.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like my bridgestone duelers, they are quiet and grip well, wear does not seem a problem yet, previous dunlops and conti's not so good.
They appear to be good at around the 125 fitted mark each corner.

Rob

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you would like All Terrains 80% road and 20% off-road then General grabber AT2's are great and last without more road noise.
www.camskills.co.uk are very good prices.

you can stick with 215\65R16 or
wider 225 MAX = 235. poss heavier steering.
Taller 70 or 75 MAX= 80 without lift. poss a bit more lean in corners

Strut brace always good for rigidity and flex.
40mm strut spacers are available to lift exy too.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just for general use, i went onto "E tyre" website, typed in the tyre size, got four different tyre makes/specs, chose my preference, paid and chose where i wanted them fitting. very good prices

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just got 2 new Continentals fitted for £180 at National Tyres - I assume they are nationwide (given their name...). Everywhere else was £200+

Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
after much research(too much), i have finally ordered a pair of dunlop st20's 215/65/r16h, decided this was the best bet, getting them from kwik fit for £191.55 for a pair, could have been a pound cheaper on black circle, but my local kwik fit branch match their online price, meaning i don't pay til there on the car! Had a pair on the front for nearly 4 years now and they've seen a lot of harsh miles and are still wearing well. Went for the h rating over the slightly cheaper s, due to improved construction and to match fronts

·
Registered
38 Posts
stjon said:
Just got 2 new Continentals fitted for £180 at National Tyres - I assume they are nationwide (given their name...). Everywhere else was £200+

Steve
what size tyres were these, great price and I can't get anywhere near that on their web.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I managed to get 4 Michelin Synchrome 4x4 tyres 2months old of a friend who was fitting Bfg's for £50 ... £40 to get fitted BARGAIN >>> CHEAP AS CHIPS!!!!! :thumbs: Should keep me going for a while! ;-)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi spm1801 - I'll have a check when I'm next at the car and post again. I remember the fitter said the X Trail tyre is specially sized and is only available as 'recognised brand - eg Pirelli' 'cos I was after my usual cheapies. Still dropped my jaw when he said £180 for two! I normally paid £50 max each on previous cars... :|

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,

Just had 4 General Grabber UHP fitted at £85 each from local tyre fitter.

Don't do any 'serious' offroading - yet! - although these have coped with muddy fields and tracks with no problem so far.

Good grip on road, handling is a lot sharper than the worn out Good Years the car had when I bought it!

Ian

·
Registered
39 Posts
ShedLugger said:
If you would like All Terrains 80% road and 20% off-road then General grabber AT2's are great and last without more road noise.
http://www.camskills.co.uk are very good prices.

you can stick with 215\65R16 or
wider 225 MAX = 235. poss heavier steering.
Taller 70 or 75 MAX= 80 without lift. poss a bit more lean in corners

Strut brace always good for rigidity and flex.
40mm strut spacers are available to lift exy too.

hope this helps.
hi, are you sure one can increase tyre size without affecting wheel arch clearances?! i'm currently looking at:
GRABBER AT2 225/75 R16 108S XL OWL,
and i am very tempted... :cool:
also, where d'ya found the strut spacers?! the only ones i found (X-T specific) are 50mm and come from Oz
http://www.superiorengineering.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=31_123&products_id=4087

thanks. :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts