Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I have upgraded my stereo in my x trail but I am still not happy with the stock speakers.

I have been researching which 165mm speakers to buy for front and rear and have managed to find a shop who can supply door mount brackets so you don't need to destroy your original speakers for their mounts.

I am going to order 2 pairs tomorrow as they are only £11 a pair. If anyone wants the details once I buy them or photos of what they look like I will gladly pass this on.

Thought this was useful info anyway because I have been looking around for ages and could not find them anywhere. I also didn't really like the thought and time itwould take to convert the old speaker mounts. The plus is when I sell the car too I can refit the original speakers.

cheers
Simon

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Simon. Would be very interested to have the details of the mounts - much easier than altering the existing and allows the originals to be re-fitted if required. Pics of installation are a must - quick as you can matey!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the process of upgrading the audio in my newly aquired Xtrail and did the front door speakers yesterday. I just got some 12mm thick MDF from B&Q to make up some spacers. I used two pieces behind each speaker - one screwed to the door using the original speaker as a template, and a second one sized to fit the new speaker.
If you've got the doors stripped down it's well worth peeling back the waterproof liner and and covering the door panel with some sort of sound deadening material like Dynamat. It totally eliminates any buzzes and rattles from the doors and really improves bass production.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya speaker adaptors ordered and will be collecting them on Tuesday. I will take a photo of them as they stand out of the packet on tuesday for you and I may even have a go at fitting the front doors on Tuesday eve time permitting. I will take photos and post them for you. Planning to use some pioneer 3 way I already have in the rear with a 60mm mounting depth and looking at some 165mm jbl or ground zero speakers for the front again 60mm depth

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya,

I got the speaker door adapters today and I am really happy with the quality of them.

I removed the passenger side front door trim tonight just to do a test fit of the speaker brackets and to try and work out the best way to wire up the new speakers. Have a look below at the photos of the brackets and how they look test fitted to the door.

I will fit them on the weekend once I have worked out the best way to wire them up, I don't want to destroy the original white connector so I need to work out how to connect to it, any ideas anyone?

The brackets are made by a company called Celsus. The website is http://www.celsusice.co.uk and the part number is SA0693-165. They retail at £10.95 per pair and are a very high quality. The spec says they are for Micra's and Almera's but the shop I purchased them through checked his catalogue and this is definately the correct one for X trails, same part number for different Nissans using 165mm speakers. The test fit was perfect as pictured.

I also found a company on the internet who sell the adaptors - http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=7869

Thanks, any questions about them please let me know and if someone can advise re the wiring for me please kindly let me know

Regards
Simon

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Vandy

frustratingly enough since getting the adaptors and speakers I have been away 4 days per week with work and haven't been able fit them as planned.

It looks like I am going to be able to fit them on Saturday which will be good but still not sure of the best way to splice a new speaker cable into the standard ones. I don't want to alter the standard wiring or factory connectors so need to somehow splice into the cables

can anyone please advise how I can do this before Saturday so I can order any connectors required? Thanks please help?

Regards
Simon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.