Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if anyone has any advice on replacement batteries? Mine is OK (ish) but will be changing it before the winter sets in. I wondered if there would be any benefit in getting a heavy duty one? Would appreciate any feedback and maybe even a recommended brand to look at. I've heard Varta is a good choice - or is it?
Cheers

·
Registered
210 Posts
yeah varta has a good name ive had a few of there batterys and had no problems, i think the only reason i would get a heavy duty battery is because of the sound system and the load it puts on the battery but if your not planing on using lots of electrical items then might not be much point in getting heavy duty. might be good on the safe side, incase the lights are left on etc...

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Vandy said:
Wonder if anyone has any advice on replacement batteries? Mine is OK (ish) but will be changing it before the winter sets in. I wondered if there would be any benefit in getting a heavy duty one? Would appreciate any feedback and maybe even a recommended brand to look at. I've heard Varta is a good choice - or is it?
Cheers
Vandy, use the Varta battery checker. Code for yours comes up with Varta D47 but check your dimensions first. :thumbs:

links
http://www.varta-automotive.com/index.p ... =en&range=

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Anyone know the AHr capacity of the standard T31 battery? I ask the question as a caravaner who carries a spare (3rd) battery in the boot being charged while I drive arround without the van on holiday. Ideally the parallel batteries should be about the same AHr capacity, or so I've read. (yes it is strapped down and I use a split charge relay).

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
chrisuk said:
Anyone know the AHr capacity of the standard T31 battery? I ask the question as a caravaner who carries a spare (3rd) battery in the boot being charged while I drive arround without the van on holiday. Ideally the parallel batteries should be about the same AHr capacity, or so I've read. (yes it is strapped down and I use a split charge relay).
Now Posted up in T31 Model info :thumbs:

Your battery spec Chris
Battery spec diesel 127-173.jpg

Left click mouse to open up jpeg file twice for max view.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I have got though the winter with mine with a bit of nursing (charging up from time to time), but although it always starts first time, the battery volts can get quite low ( 1 week inactivity and it is down to 12.1 volts). The Varta battery Umbongo has printed is slightly wider than my original but would probably fit - tight. However I have been on various sites with fitment guides which quote batteries that are in the region of 305mm long, which no way would fit in. One site had the terminals the wrong wayround, so beware. My original battery is 257x170x225mm.

The original battery is in an additional thin, flexi, plastic box. What purpose does this serve? does it need to be retained?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.