Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My xtrail has folding mirrors and today someone has smashed one driving to close to me and so I need to get them replaced, there are some on ebay that are not the folding type will these fit on my car or will the fittings and wiring etc be completely different?
I dont mind not having the folding mechnism if needs be.
Just want to be sure the mirrors themselves move.
Not paying th £200 + vat the dealer quoted me today.
Are the mirrors easy to replace and what tools are needed?
Thanks in advance for any responses.
Cheers.

G

·
Hi go to wingmirrorman.co.uk.. mine cost £90 ish delivered for a folding one.. they can even paint if you colour coded mirror.. i brought a damage x trail this year and they are easy to fit. On the inside of the car, remove the small triangular cover. (this just pops off) There are then 3 10mm nuts to remove, disconnect the electrics and the mirror comes off. hope this helps James

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I seemed to have to take the door off to get the triangular cover of as it seemed to lip under the dover cover, I also found the release clip easier to work with with the cover off.

The only thing the mirror I got missed was the electric folding which I can live with, mirror I had wasnt wired up for it.

Took me a while to work out how to to get the finsiher of the door once that was done the rest was easy.

Will keep an eye out for a fully wired replacement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts