Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any experience of adding cruise control to a Nissan X Trail DCI? I have added it to my other car by buying OEM components from ebay. I'm struggling to find anything about doing it to the my 53 reg X Trail. Any help gratefully appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey me too!!!

Mine is a 2004 model and I missed out on cruise control at the time. There must be companies who will retro fit this by now and the parts second hand must be readily available.

Dan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Dan

It cost me £375 installed in my Sportage and I have just transferred it to my Xtrail.

I did not have steering wheel controls but an additional stalk next to the indicator stalk.

If you search AP800 cruise control there are several suppliers.

Hope this helps

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread after so long, but, if I was to find an X-Trail in the breakers here in Germany, what parts exactly would I need in order to get cruise control to work. The wiring appears to be already in place, so I am imagining it would be the control for the steering wheel, something for the accelerator pedal (actuator ?) and maybe a control box. Can't find anything about the system in my manuals. Don't really want to go down the third party supplier option. I have a 2.2DCi 2005 model. Thanks for any help guys.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to revive this thread again after sssooooo long.

Has anyone managed to retrofit cruise control at all?
Not on about an aftermarket kit, fitting the Nissan bits??

Have aquired a steering wheel control and on initial look in the wheel, there are maybe 2 wires missing. This doesn't mean the rest of the system is not there!
I have managed to retrofit cruise on an Audi before, am hoping this is easier, if possible at all!! lol

Jon

·
Registered
80 Posts
joneduk said:
Sorry to revive this thread again after sssooooo long.

Has anyone managed to retrofit cruise control at all?
Not on about an aftermarket kit, fitting the Nissan bits??

Have aquired a steering wheel control and on initial look in the wheel, there are maybe 2 wires missing. This doesn't mean the rest of the system is not there!
I have managed to retrofit cruise on an Audi before, am hoping this is easier, if possible at all!! lol

Jon
If you do this, please take pictures! I want to do this potentially to my Exxy

·
Registered
15 Posts
If I manage it I will post pics.

Too busy to do anything about it at the moment and struggling to find wiring diagrams (what constitutes a wiring diagram these days is a joke!).

I know the wires aren't in the steering wheel, so on the back foot straight away, but will get round to having a go at this eventually. :)

Jon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.