Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ripspeed Universal Air Filter

I fitted this item last week and run it for a few days without really dismantling the old remnants, just in case!!!

Anyway I thought you might be interested to know that it DOES make a :bow: significant difference to the performance of the EXY.

Not that I drive like the wind, because I don't want to stress the already fragile balance of engine and GLASS turbocharger, but the noise is great. :thumbs:

She sound a little bit like a SCOOBY at set off, :whistle: then as you build the revs it flies and the noise of the air rushing in is great.

You can definitely here me coming now. :grin:

To sum up, buy one, fit it and believe!!! ;-)

I have had her serviced today and again, new oil, filter and the like has made such a difference to the TAPPITTY noises we all know and love from our tractor engine.

I know she won't be a Ferrari and all that, but hey, give a girl a chance.

It is quieter, quicker and to top it all more frugal. :biggrin:

Having returned from taking horsebox with horse and full car to university and back on a quarter tank. Need I say more, well done Halfords and RIPSPEED :thumbs:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
NO, out of box.

You have to cut the air flow bit of pipe just after it leaves the air filter box towards the engine, to preserve the connector.

Use this piece to connect back to the car turbo inlet pipe and the other end , the new filter assembly.

Use the rubber spacer washers provided and fit it.

Remove old air filter and box assembly, there you are.

Taddaaa!!!! :grin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
These cone air filters are no good for ur engine, The best way to get a good filter with good gains is to use a replacement panel filter such as K&N etc

The cone filter suffers from heat soak from the engine as the filter is not sealed and is not designed to run with ur car

Yeah sure it sounds great and looks cool but it will damage ur car and effect the running in the long run :frown:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts