Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased 2002 x trail and am dissapointed with road noise trasmitted which seems excessive at times. Unless the road is the new quiet surface, it's really ANNOYING .Any clues?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased 2006 model two months ago and also dissapointed at excessive road noise. The car was fitted with Pirelli Scorpion tyres at rear and Dunlop Grandtrek on front. I have now reversed these and I think there is some improvement. Useful if you let us know what tyres are fitted to your car. I will have to replace mine next year so will be looking for advice aswell.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, Have a look at the thread below for more tyre info:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=504&start=10
The noise levels will be a function of the road surfaces in your area and tyre type, plus tyre pressures. Try running at 32 if normal roads, 36 if you're in the twisties all day. Finally, if you've replaced one of your tyres with a new one, what is the mileage / wear on the other axle? It is dangerous to have tyres on the same axle that have significantly different rolling circumferences.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
re nexen tyres after an earlier thread on here i fittied nexen tyres to the front when they were due. they are a mid budget tyre (cost me £80 each) and are significantly quieter than the pirelli's that were on. nexen are the oldest manufacterer in korea having been making tyres since 1925. hope this helps

·
Registered
41 Posts
Also worth considering are GoodYear Wranglers, much quieter than my earlier standard fitment of Dunlop ST20's and the Bridgestones which replaced them, and they inspire confidence on greasy or roads such as we experienced last winter.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.