Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The aerial always seems to move around a bit it in the wind, i.e. can be easily moved by hand. Is there any adjustment on it & if so where?

Cheers
Martin

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
You won't have to remove the head lining, just pull the light fitting down from the right side when sitting in car and you will be able to get at the nut to tighten it and when your done replace the Map lamp by inserting it from the left and push home on the right job done :thumbs:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took the light fitting out, tightened the nut, probably not fully as it is an awkward bu**er to get to & I still have considerable play in the aerial. There doesn't feel as if there is a lot left to tighten & I didn't want to overtighten. Am I best to just go the whole hog & tighten the nut as far as it will go?

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
If you think your nut is at it's limit of tightening then stop or you'll just strip the thread. When the nut is fully tightened it is supposed to form a good earth for the antenna by gripping into the metal of the roof. If your nut is not tightening up, then you'll need to take it off and put a new one on. Nut part No is:282192N300 Nissan part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.