Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told that if I want roof bars for my X-Trail which has Extreme roof rails that I need the Nissan Accessory KE732-JG010 set.

I've been quoted £143 fully fitted from a Dealer or £115 from another to DIY it.

Unfortunately Thule do not make a foot pack for the "X-Trail Sport" :headbang:

I've since read up that to fit the bars the roof rails casing needs to be cut to slot the bars in :bigcry:

So has anyone bought the above bars and what is the general opinion of them, I don't want them fitted permanently but also don't want any holes on the roof rails?

Bambus

G

·
Hi

We had ours fitted by Glyn Hopkin as part of the deal. They did a good job, very neat and pretty quiet on the motorway too, so no intention of taking them off. The MPG impact is probably minimal anyway as they are oval in shape.

Recommended.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the view like when looking up through the nice large sunroof?

I've ordered them this morning, when they are fitted I'll post some pics for anyone else if they are interested.

Bambus

·
Registered
51 Posts
Taking delivery of my 57 plate T31 on Monday currently does not have roofbars. The Options section of the pricelist mentions steel roofbars are these painted or what? What sort of section are they? Currently i have bar mounted Thule bike racks with T bolts sliding into the bar channel although I have the clamps that go under the bars if they are shallow enough. Anyone know how Thule bike racks fit to X trail roofbars??

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have just received my roof bars, P/N KE732JG010, & as I am just a simple old deep sea diver, I do not follow "pictograms" well. I would have thought that for £143.38 Nissan could have supplied simple written instructions. Can anyone help with this please?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I managed to get these fully fitted for £143, but only after checking with the Dealer that they were removable and came with blanking plates. Guess what? No blanking plates, and they are designed to be permanent!!

So after much kicking off and writing to the Director of the Dealership I was informed that the blanking plates were to be ordered at no cost to me :grin:

I had an email yesterday saying the parts had arrived and I'm picking these up on Monday next week, I'll see if I can get my hands on the instructions for the bars at the same time as I'll be removing these as I only need them twice a year.

Bambus

·
Registered
662 Posts
Bambus,

Mine only came with "pictograms" not proper written instructions. When I emailed Nissan, they said my local dealer could supply. But no they can't. Now Nissan say they are looking into my query, so if you get real instructions, I would be very happy to get a copy!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Tatey said:
Bambus,

Mine only came with "pictograms" not proper written instructions. When I emailed Nissan, they said my local dealer could supply. But no they can't. Now Nissan say they are looking into my query, so if you get real instructions, I would be very happy to get a copy!!
You might wanna refer to THIS thread for ideas on how to fit them, or contact the xtrail owner who had them fitted.

It's not an easy job as you have to remove the covers from the hyper roof rails and stick the template to exactly cut the openings where they should be.

If you're not confident enough cutting the covers yourself, get a dealer to do it for you.

·
Registered
662 Posts
jalalski said:
Tatey said:
Bambus,

You might wanna refer to THIS thread for ideas on how to fit them, or contact the xtrail owner who had them fitted.

It's not an easy job as you have to remove the covers from the hyper roof rails and stick the template to exactly cut the openings where they should be.

If you're not confident enough cutting the covers yourself, get a dealer to do it for you.
Thanks for the link. I have no problem to get the plastic sections out of the roof rails, my only worry is cutting the holes neatly & in exactly the correct place so the rubber sleeves look good??

·
Registered
662 Posts
My Nissan dealer just quoted me £ 112.00 for labour to fit the roof bars. Wish I had never bought the damn things now. Nissan cannot supply written instructions to fit them. Looks like I might just have to buy a Dremmel now, even though I will have no use for it afterwards & will probably end up having to buy one new roof section at least due to incorrect cutting. :frown:

·
Registered
81 Posts
You'll be fine mate. I cut mine with a dremel using the supplied Nissan templates and got them from the first go. The dremel is really a nice tool to have around as well ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
just fitted to my T31 Thule Rapid fixpoint XT foot kit THL 75300
Thule Fixppoint kit THL133059
Thule Rapid system T track bars 1200mm THL 861000
Not too much of a faff to fit about 2 hours the first time but can be removed and or fitted in about 10 to 15 mins now and the blanking plates just pop back in, no drilling. :biggrin:

All in cost £134.98 delivered from www.skidrive.co.uk

·
Registered
19 Posts
bryno said:
just fitted to my T31 Thule Rapid fixpoint XT foot kit THL 75300
Thule Fixppoint kit THL133059
Thule Rapid system T track bars 1200mm THL 861000
Not too much of a faff to fit about 2 hours the first time but can be removed and or fitted in about 10 to 15 mins now and the blanking plates just pop back in, no drilling. :biggrin:

All in cost £134.98 delivered from http://www.skidrive.co.uk
Can you confirm that you have the Extreme Roof Rails and not the standard ones as the kit you list won't fit my T31 with Extreme Roof Rails it only fits T31's without Extreme Roof Rails as far as i can see from the instructions on the Thule site.

Can you post some pics?

Thanks Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
jalalski said:

So looking at the pics in the link i'm guessing it's only 2 bars fixed to the roof with 1 bolt each end and holes in the covers to let you fit them back on after fitting the bars?

Any one have step by step pics?

Dave

·
Registered
19 Posts
jalalski said:
dave23 said:
So looking at the pics in the link i'm guessing it's only 2 bars fixed to the roof with 1 bolt each end and holes in the covers to let you fit them back on after fitting the bars?
Yes.
Ah ok so all i need to do is buy the Thule Aero 861 bars from Halfords for £60'ish in stead of the dealer price of £143 and hope someone can post a pdf with the template for the cut outs and thats me done.

cheers Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
Guys,
I am not familiar with these "Extreme" roof rails you are talking about. My car is a 57 plate T31 Aventura and if I used the Thule part numbers supplied by www.skidrive.co.uk ( as detailed in the message above)and it fitted perfectly no cutting no drilling, made to measure and its 4 screws per foot to the pre drilled screwed holes in the roof rail channel exposed when you pop mout the foot covers.

I've since bolted my back racks to it and taken it off the car (hopefully to reduce fuel consumption) when I pop it back On I'll take some photos and post them

For the car I mentioned with the part numbers I mentioned its no seat to fit, bit fiddly getting the bars/feet al;igned but no seat.

Cheers

Bryn Owen

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi Dave,

Yep these roof rails and fittings are different to the standard T31 roof rails as is the arrangement for the foot, it may be worth contacting skidrive to see if they have the attachements for the extreme rails

Bryn

1 - 20 of 28 Posts