Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,

I have just purchased an 04 plate X trail on Saturday and I am really happy with it but would like to get a decent set of front/ rear rubber mats which fit properly. The Cannon branded ones seem very good quality but when I check their web site it asks if I need the version suitable for an 01 - 07 X trail with or without the passenger air duct?

Please can someone advise what I am looking for to know which version to buy, is there something obvious in the footwell?

Thanks, also has anyone had any experience of these mats are they any good or does anyone have a decent quality set they can recommend? They are a little pricey at £50.

Cheers
Simon

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Agree - Canon mats are good, heavy. but good - had then in my last car. I ordered some rubber mats from carmats4u.com as they are thinner and should be easy to keep clean. Suggest that no-one buys these as although good mats, they absolutely stink - a combination of rubber and rancid cows muck. Have washed them with detergent 3 times now and smell just as bad. Contacted the company and they admit they are "fragrant" as they put it but washing should sort it out. It doesn't! DO NOT BUY these unless you enjoy the feeling of total nausia when driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I have just had this issue with the Cannon mats. Ordered off ebay where there was not an option of different fits for my 06 X-Trail. Mats supplied were of good quality but a terrible fit for the passenger and driver foot wells, fine at the back.

Rang Cannon who were very helpful and arranged for the "with vent" set to be sent out and exchanged - no fuss and very apologetic. In short if there is a bulge extending out on the floor towards the right (when sat down on the passenger side) you need the "with vent" set.

Very pleased with the Cannon mats now though tough and thick with no odour.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.