Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just noticed a scab of rust on my wheel arch ,Is this a common problem on X-Trails ??,Out of curiosity what is the length of the paint warranty on Nissans ...Cheers Maddogg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine has a patch on the passenger side. Read somewhere that it was a problem with manufacture as the rust protection had been missed at the same point at the top of the wheel arch only on the passenger side(RHD) about 2003-4. I attacked it with a wire brush and treated before I found out about it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
My R/o/s arch is starting to bubble aswel ... but mines a 2001 ... how long is the paint warrenty on them? hope its 10yr lol :thumbs:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had rust appear on the rear n/s arch right where the placcy bumper starts. Sounds like a common fault (03 2.5 SVE). While I was having the bumper and tailgate resprayed I had the shop fix it.
Unluckiest car I have ever owned. Front bumper resprayed, rear done twice then a new one and the tailgate resprayed. All thanks to anonymous car park smash and dash merchants. Nearly 2K on other peoples carelessness in just about five years.

I was so steamed last time I put bull bars side bars and rear bars on. Oddly enough three inch stainless steel bar seems to have deterred any repeats.

Then in Sep 2008 the roof. Flying TVR cerbera bonnet hit just over the drivers head. Two inches to the right and it would have been through the glass roof. And someone else would be typing this.
So yep Zinc car - unluckiest car on the planet. :eek:fftopic:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.