Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone has personal experience or can recommend a scantool that is definitely 100% guaranteed to be able to reset/zero the steering angle sensor on my UK 2012 T31 2.0 dci 173 Tekna? I’ve tried a couple that apparently promised this but didn’t actually deliver.

Just take it to a main dealer and be done, I hear you say… However a main dealer is now 60 miles away and I’d prefer to avoid motorway driving with wonky ABS and ESP… even more so if it needs doing more than once.

Thanks for any info anyone is able to provide - budget is < £400

·
Registered
Nissan X Trail Columbia 2.2 DCi 2006
686 Posts
I believe Autel AP200 would do this. If not Autel MD808. Ask Autel to confirm before you buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’d have preferred someone with first hand experience to say “I used xyz scan tool and it worked” but I’ll try autelstore. I’m quite dubious of Chinese sites using a .co.uk web address and ”English as a second language” (no offence intended, just speaking from experience)
Thanks for suggesting them.

·
Registered
Nissan X Trail Columbia 2.2 DCi 2006
686 Posts
I personally own an Autel AP200 scanner. I have reset steering angle sensor on a Renault Mégane with this tool and Renault software.

I have not tried this on a Nissan X Trail T31, although I expect it to work exactly the same.

You can purchase the same item from Amazon UK if you prefer...

Autel AP200 Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Code Reader with Full Systems Diagnoses, AutoVIN, Oil/EPB/BMS/SAS/TPMS/DPF Resets IMMO Service for Family DIYers (DIY Version of MK808) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QCT1PC5/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_YF04B6PR4V4ZMDZRAMSQ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok.
When you say Renault software do you mean the model specific download for the AP200 from Autel (I think) or an official Renault equivalent of Nissan Consult 3 plus?
Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts