Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 T31 with a built in Sat Nav. The manual says the disc drive is in the glove compartment but it isn't and not under the seats either. Any ideas please, I want to update it?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ghengis said:
I have a 2010 T31 with a built in Sat Nav. The manual says the disc drive is in the glove compartment but it isn't and not under the seats either. Any ideas please, I want to update it?
My T31 mk2 has a slot for an sd card on the face of the unit which contains all the maps.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
418 Posts
The Sat Nav DVD disc goes in the same slot as CD's at the top of the unit just below the screen on my 2011 Tekna.

I know that as I updated mine to late 2016 maps from Nissan/HERE - there were 4 and it took about 120 mins - thankfully you didn't have to drive for that time as it just simply carries on where it left off. The Sat Nav disc doesn't stay in there as it all goes onto the HDD and in any case you've got a CD multi-changers in there so it couldn't. When I updated it simply said remove all discs from drive and insert Map disk one which updated the firmware.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Sat Nav DVD disc goes in the same slot as CD's at the top of the unit just below the screen on my 2011 Tekna.

I know that as I updated mine to late 2016 maps from Nissan/HERE - there were 4 and it took about 120 mins - thankfully you didn't have to drive for that time as it just simply carries on where it left off. The Sat Nav disc doesn't stay in there as it all goes onto the HDD and in any case you've got a CD multi-changers in there so it couldn't. When I updated it simply said remove all discs from drive and insert Map disk one which updated the firmware.
Heya Jim,
Was the update worth it ?
I just posted about potentially updating mine and Im thinking if its a huge expense for very little in return il just switch the tomtom app on on my phone and use that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts