Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have a 2004 Nissan Xtrail T Spec 2.5.....and I love it except for the worlds worst Sat Nav. Im thinking was Sat Nav really that bad in 2004? Surely not!

I have spent literally hours finding a way to bring into the now, and just cant...so Im crying out to my fellow forumers for help! Its not just the out of date maps that drive my mad, in fact thats the least of the issues I have. Its the p*ss poor lay out and software! I know I can buy an X6.0 2010 update disc for £100000000.00 from Nissan but its more the new layout im after. Currently the clock is miniscule, the lane guidance laughable, no postcode seach, no city centre option, 'forgets' destination once engine turned off etc etc.

I took the a DVD sat nav module out of my mates 2007 Navarra hoping that I could simply swap them round. Nope the leads are different in the back. The X7.0 disc obviously doesnt work in my current old DVD Sat Nav player either.#

First question: is there an adaptor lead I can buy that will connect the new DVD Sat Nav from my mates Navarra to my current set up. Failing that anyway at all I can install the new system in my old car....

Second question. I know i can buy an update disc from Nissan as well as the 2010 map disc but does anyone know whether this actually changes the layout of sat nav - gives you more options and generally improves things other than updated maps. The noises im getting from my useless local Nissan parts dealer is no, but I trust peoples knowledge on here more!

Any help or advise on making the awful sat nav any better would be very gratefully recieved.

Matt

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Matt

I think the only sat nav that has potcode search is the new 2010 models? A new disc won't give you more features as it won't alter the software - maybe just more up to date mapping but certainly not postcode search. Mine doesn't have this search function either, which is why I use my Garmin when I can't get the address from the Nissan unit. Seems a bit crazy that you need 2 units I know and when I got mine I was really miffed, but you get used to it.
Don't know why yours looses the setting when you switch off as mine doesn't. As for getting an interface cable you may be lucky but in all honesty you may be better off changing the unit for an after market model - check the site as someone here has done that and it gives then all the features that you'd be looking for plus a better sound system.
Sorry this is not the news you wanted to hear though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.