Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my T31 2009 xtrail has just developed a strange screen flash , it looks as if someone has drawn 1000 little x 's all over the screen,they then disapper if you change from radio to cd,maps, then it flickers , like as if its being turned off and on very quick,iit never goes blank , then soon as its parked up the screen is perfect, seems worse when you turn the steering wheel. i've had the radio /screen out to check and clean the plugs all seem fine.Just don't know what else i can do, i hope some one can help its driving me nuts . Thank you in advance .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi my T31 2009 xtrail has just developed a strange screen flash , it looks as if someone has drawn 1000 little x 's all over the screen,they then disapper if you change from radio to cd,maps, then it flickers , like as if its being turned off and on very quick,iit never goes blank , then soon as its parked up the screen is perfect, seems worse when you turn the steering wheel. i've had the radio /screen out to check and clean the plugs all seem fine.Just don't know what else i can do, i hope some one can help its driving me nuts . Thank you in advance .
For anyone that may have the same problem , i've fitted 2 new screens , 2 radio, Cd , players, not a bit of difference ! Bit the bullet Today (12/01/2022) Nissan had it , it's the dvd/sat nav player , New on from them £2000 ***!!! Asked if i could fit a second hand one ? answer was yes it will have to be decoded then mine will have to be done aswell,then the second hand one will have to be re coded from mine , If the second hand one doesn't work that my boy is tuff its still £250 should it work there is no Guarantee for how long!!........Any ideas where i can get one cheaper than Nissan ??? Preferably not ebay or scrap yards , Thanks everyone

·
Registered
16 Posts
It sounds like some kind of interference when something else electrically might be running. What kind of tests have you done? Do you have any additional electrical addons, auxiliary lights etc?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As i said it went in to Nissan Wed they said its the dvd /sat nav, since having it back i took the sat nav disc out from the unit ,used the car without it Not a problem at all stopped the flashing etc ,so i changed the sat nav disc twice both original nissan discs flashed and flickered every time , needless to say there is no disc in it now ,trying to find another dvd player for it but all i found are around 2007/2009 its going to cost £250 to have it re coded so i'm trying to find the newest i can get. Thanks Steve.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts