Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience of the Scratch Shield paint ?

I have my first scratch after ony a week :sad: , but I suspect its too deep for it to repair itself. I think I'll try the hot water thing anyway just to see.

The Dealer wasn't very forthcoming on the technology - e.g. vague about water temperature (not critical ?), how severe the scratches, any considerations about how to maintain / wash / polish the bodywork, how to repair blemishes that are too deep for the treatment.

Have I paid £100 into the Marketing Team pension fund without even a glossy brochure to show for it ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have found this web page:

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOL ... index.html

No surprises there, just what I would expect I suppose. Only point of interest is the reference to heat affecting the rate of "repair", which I suspect is why the Dealer talked about pouring hot water on blemishes.

The Dealer is contacting Nissan to see if there is anything more available about aftercare.

PS scratch too severe as expected; applied a small amount of T-Cut, polish & "lipstick" which has made it less obvious.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ron said:
I have found this web page:

http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNOL ... index.html

No surprises there, just what I would expect I suppose. Only point of interest is the reference to heat affecting the rate of "repair", which I suspect is why the Dealer talked about pouring hot water on blemishes.

The Dealer is contacting Nissan to see if there is anything more available about aftercare.

PS scratch too severe as expected; applied a small amount of T-Cut, polish & "lipstick" which has made it less obvious.
Yes, had the same problem with previous Atlas Blue 'shieldsafe' paint finish. I ran into a wall in Blandford, and despite copious amounts of hot water, still had £500 bill for bodywork repair! :grin:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Might just be me, but a hedge scratch which ran all the way down pax side, after scraping hedges in a field, has completely disappeared after 4 weeks.....putting it down to the s-shield paint cos I have not touched it, and was well annoyed at first.

So....in my humble opinion, it works, on not too deep scratches!

Stu

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that. I certainly seem to be accumulating a lot of small marks and I really don't do anything extreme - I think the paint is very soft. Cheers.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I am pleased to report that as yet I haven't got any scratches on mine to check the scratch shield paint. I also had the vehicle treated with "G3 glasscoat" for about £200.00 which has a 5 year guarantee. :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.