Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car (second hand to me) came with blue seat covers. yes blue. Sorry if you have these on yours (there cant be many) but they needed to be changed. I saw these leather look ones on ebay recently so had a bid. They are made to measure for the x trail and the detail is very good. The only thing that stops it being excellent is that the colour of the material on the inside is white. This is more obvious on the head rests so I will look at sorting that out.
They are a lot more comfortable as well. They also came with the head rests and centre console cover. Only thing is I dont know who the maker is although at a push I could find out if someone really wants to know. Luckily I used to work on cars (the lucky bit is that now I dont) so I have fitted quite a few covers in the past.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Rover

Where did you get the rear drinks holder from as seen in one of your pics? I can also spot your German Shepherd thinking about getting in the car..... just like mine does! Creatures of habit me thinks!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spm1801 said:
The Rover

Where did you get the rear drinks holder from as seen in one of your pics? I can also spot your German Shepherd thinking about getting in the car..... just like mine does! Creatures of habit me thinks!
Yes, the dog (Wilson) is a nosey bu**er. :D

The cup holders seem to be a factory thing, mine is a 53 plate sport- x. They velcro to the centre console and floor as you need to move them to get the rear seats fully flat.

Cheers Stuart.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just joined site. Have '04 2.5 manual X-Trail. Very pleased with it :biggrin: .

Mr Rover, your new leather-look seat covers look great, like a complete re-upholstery job.
One fairly serious consideration, though. I believe your car has side airbags in front seats. If these go off and you've 'confined' them within a tightly fitted seat cover, the consequences could be interesting, to say the least :eek: . Do these new covers have a velcro flap 'safety-valve' area over where the 'bags are located in the seat sides?
IUTDS.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Iusedtolikesaabs said:
Just joined site. Have '04 2.5 manual X-Trail. Very pleased with it :biggrin: .

Mr Rover, your new leather-look seat covers look great, like a complete re-upholstery job.
One fairly serious consideration, though. I believe your car has side airbags in front seats. If these go off and you've 'confined' them within a tightly fitted seat cover, the consequences could be interesting, to say the least :eek: . Do these new covers have a velcro flap 'safety-valve' area over where the 'bags are located in the seat sides?
IUTDS.
Hi.
The cover fastens in a way that IMO an air bag would be able to deploy. if you look at the first picture with the new covers, the seam that runs down the seat edge is where it fastens together with velcro.
I have seen bags go off (worked in a garage in previous life!) and they are powerful *******.

Cheers Stuart. :thumbs:

G

·
Hi,

As per the previous comment, I don't suppose you still have a link for these? They look great! Almost retrim quality!

Matt.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi chaps. Glow, sorry I didnt see your post till now. Westy boy, Again sorry, I dont know who makes these. (Got em off eblag).
Not trying to teach you to suck eggs but a search on google brings up loads of them. I will take a look myself and reply back if I spot anything similar. :thumbs:

Glad you like them though!!! :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure if you are still looking for the seat covers but im sure i spotted a set just search for xtrail seat cover on e bay

G

·
see this is several years old... would be interested in fitting similar to mine, any one any ideas other than fleabay?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts