Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have electric seats in my X trail and for the past few weeks They have been set up, down, forward, back and tilted in every position! For some reason I have it in my head that the seat needs to be level with the passenger seat and slightly adjusted so its not sat right down and set right back (I'm 6ft with long legs) and dont mention the steering wheel adjustment!

Anyway I have gradually noticed that my left shoulder is starting to ache to the point that I struggle to lift, I aslo do weights and so put it down to too much training. However after leaving my x trail on the drive for the weekend I noticed that the pain went away, leading me to think that my driving position is causing me the problem?

I think that the gear stick is set lower than my prevoius car and that with me lifting my driving postion I am straining my delts on my shoulder when changing gears? I have now sent the seat postion to its lowest postion and will see how I go on.

My last car was very low down with bucket seats and on thinking about it the gear change was set low with the middle arm rest set directly below my arm. When driving the x trail I feel you have to drop your arm to rest it on the centre arm rest, especially when the seat is set higher.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I'm 6'4" and often had problems with getting comfy while driving. My last 'work horse' was a cheap-as-chips Korando and turned out to have the most suitable seating position I've ever had in a car !

My X- Trail is also causing some problems, but so far only in the leg department. I cannot get sufficient leg support, the seat is to short. I've lifted the seat to max height and tilted the seat base back to max as well to maximise the leg support, but it's not a patch on my other car. No real problems yet with the top half of my body though.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yea me too,6.2",had 3xVolvo 240's before,seats like armchairs.Find xy headroom only just enough,finally settled on Full Back,rear of squab as low as poss,with front about halfway .and s/wheel as low as poss.But-- mines a t30, instruments in centre of dash so no probs with s/w blocking.Tried a T31 and although drivers seat seem to go lower at rear so more h/room couldn't get s/w in any position so I got a clear view of Instruments.L/R Disco's just as bad(2007 model)cant get s/wheel comfortable & to see instruments,have to have s/w up at max,plus my r/h foot gets caught under the brake pedal when I come off the accelerator.Been told new ones have addressed these probs but haven't tried one yet.Ok so I've got big feet,but those of us who are proper sized usually have.Teehee. :lol:

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Hi. I'm very long too (1.93 meter) and I noticed that the gearlever is low. Lower than in my car before this one.
Solution can be: Extend the gearlever. Make a elbow rest between the seats. I wil do both in the near future. Last but not least: try to sit as right up as you can, arms slightly bow (Look at rally drivers!) not too far from the stearing wheel. Good luck.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Whilst I don't normaly suffer from the driving position, now that summer is here and I'm in t shirts all the time the back of my left upper arm rubs on the upright of the seatack till sore, when changing gear. My daughter says it's cos I look like a gorilla but I'm not subscribing to that theory.
jus :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.