Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi any ideas on this:
Got in car yesterday(T31 2.0D) and started engine, noticed that the main display was just black with a small 'Please wait' message, none of the buttons around the screen responded. Went to reverse the car and no reverse camera, just the above message.
After driving for a minute or so the screen displayed 'SECURE' (white text on green background) in the middle of a black screen. After approx 3 minutes the map was displayed as normal.
I've not been able to replicate it since so I'm not sure if there's a fault or it had gone into some obscure mode??
Anyone know what this might be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
This happened to me recently with the same outcome as yourself. I had been standing half into the car carrying out a conversation, as you do. Went on for a few minutes & when I started the engine up came 'secure' Thought it may have been the car door being open for an unusually long time. denisc

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine also does this on occasion, but I can't find out why. I'm not going to get too concerned unless the "Secure" message doesn't dissapear. Sometimes a complete restart of the car - ignition off, then start her up again fixes it, and sometimes not. Very strange!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Mine did it a couple of times a few months ago, once the message lasted a couple of min, once it lasted about 6 min. Just prior to that I had had the battery disconnected for charging.
Not happened since.
Seem to recall reading on the forum somewhere that the radio / sat nav security is associated with the keyless entry system. Looks like it is not an uncommon querk which tends to go away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the secure message displayed on the screen can appear in several diferent colours,the colour of the background and secure gives you the fault you have on your system if i have time tommorow night i will update on what the various colours mean

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
welshxtrail said:
the secure message displayed on the screen can appear in several diferent colours,the colour of the background and secure gives you the fault you have on your system if i have time tommorow night i will update on what the various colours mean
I await with interest.

Its not actually happened to me again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
chrisuk said:
welshxtrail said:
I await with interest.

Its not actually happened to me again.
Me too. Since I posted last i've not had the problem either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.