Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2.0D 173 57 plate X-Trail is soon to reach 25k miles and will be ready for its 2nd service (my first as its new owner). I've contacted 2 local Nissan dealers for a quote for the M2 service and have been quoted from £290 :confused: upto £413 :shock:

If I take the X-Trail to an independant non-nissan garage and have genuine Nissan parts fitted would this still be okay on the warranty or do I have to go to Nissan?

Your advice is greatly welcomed :bow:

Bambus

·
Registered
115 Posts
Independant garages of anykind can give a warrenty safe service as long as they are vat registered and stamp the booklet and use the right components - don't have to have a nissan stamp on part just be correct specification etc.

Rob

·
Registered
23 Posts
Took my 07 columbia to Westway nissan manchester and was quoted £215 for the M2 service.
It's only done 17K in two years from new. Got a phone call later in the morning to say that the fuel filter and brake fluid should be changed at an extra cost of £100 for the fuel filter and £50 for the brake fluid. Total cost £375.
In my opinion the fuel filter should be part of the routine service, not at an extra cost.
They also pointed out that the two front tyres were nearing their legal limit and quoted £160 each fitted. Needless to say i am looking elsewhere for these.....

Best regards,
IanD

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes I agree about the filter, always asked what ever motor I've had about that one....brake fluid I suppose is an extra.
Rob

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi

There seems to be a wide variation in quotes and prices for servicing.

Is replacement of the brake fluid and fuel filter a Nissan requirement for the M2 service or is it the dealer trying to up the costs?

On my last service they tried to charge me £12 for a litre of engine oil for topping up (without asking first).

I only normally use B.P.Ultimate or Shell V-Power so I'd want to know why I'd need a new filter.

Xacre

·
Registered
100 Posts
xacre said:
Hi

There seems to be a wide variation in quotes and prices for servicing.

Is replacement of the brake fluid and fuel filter a Nissan requirement for the M2 service or is it the dealer trying to up the costs?

On my last service they tried to charge me £12 for a litre of engine oil for topping up (without asking first).

I only normally use B.P.Ultimate or Shell V-Power so I'd want to know why I'd need a new filter.

Xacre
Just had a M2 service at a cost of £259.00 and yes was told to have brake fluid changed and fuel filter. This is a Nissan requirement at 2 years or 25,000 miles.

It is all great fun as I have only done 5000 miles in my exy. I have had her for 0ne year [ex demo,reg 01 Sept 07] and she had a major service when I got her hence out of sync with servicing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Brake fluid can be checked to see if it is still in spec. ie. does not contain any moisture. My dealer does this as a matter of routine when car is serviced. Still on original fluid at 40000miles.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Back to costs!

Southdowner appears to have paid £259 for an M2 service including Fuel Filter and Brake Fluid.

IanD was quoted £215 which rose to £375 when they suddenly decided the filter and brake fluid neded done

Banbus was quoted from £290 to £413

Now if Nissan are specifying these extras are neccesary as part of the M2 Service then the quote must surely include these items

If it's not on the M2 Service Sheet then I suspect this is a bit of a con.

Xacre

·
Registered
100 Posts
xacre said:
Back to costs!

Southdowner appears to have paid £259 for an M2 service including Fuel Filter and Brake Fluid.

Xacre
Sorry did not mean to mislead, I was advised to change fuel filter and brake fluid at 2 years but just had the normal M2 service for now. Just £259 for service and car washed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Stephen

Thanks for the clarification. So the dealer advised but didn't insist?

I wonder if this is coming from Nissan U.K. or perhaps the dealers are trying to worry cash out of us.

As said before the brake fluid can be tested to see if it needs changed and I assume there must be some thing built in to the fuel system like a differential pressure reading to show whether the fuel filter is blocked and needs changing.

Xacre

G

·
I believe that if you go to an independent garage and have a waranty issue with anything related to service work done. Nissan UK will tell you to take a hike.

In my experience Nissan UK customer service is all about fobbing people off to save themselves money, at every oppotunity.

Regards

EX

bambus said:
My 2.0D 173 57 plate X-Trail is soon to reach 25k miles and will be ready for its 2nd service (my first as its new owner). I've contacted 2 local Nissan dealers for a quote for the M2 service and have been quoted from £290 :confused: upto £413 :shock:

If I take the X-Trail to an independant non-nissan garage and have genuine Nissan parts fitted would this still be okay on the warranty or do I have to go to Nissan?

Your advice is greatly welcomed :bow:

Bambus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts