Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all as reported somewhere on this site before my 06 2.2dci sounde3d like a bag of spanners when cold so have run it on a couple of tanks of shell ultimate and she now sounds 100% better on start up and quiet as a mouse at motorway speeds...i can't say that i have noticed an improvement in mpg just wonderedif any body else used the upgraded fuels and wether any difference was noticed.
great site this have learnt a lot since i became an xtey owner and reallty love my xtey to drive

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Fuel makes a big difference to my T31, we holiday on the Isle of Mull for an extended period and the fuel there makes it sound like a tractor, one fill back on the mainland from near empty soon puts it right. Oddly on Mull the fuel is Glener which is associated with Shell but obviously without the additives. I only use premium fuel when towing but never use supermarket fuels. Its all in the additives.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I try to only put Shell VPower in mine. It really does make that much of difference and I do find a improvement on MPG. I once was forced to put Texco Diesel in. I wish I hadn't because I got so much more injector rattle form it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.