Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a brief post to let you all know that tragically 7 days ago our member and moderator ibster was killed in a road accident.
John was laid to rest yesterday.

I'm sadden and shocked at the news. John was a massive help to me on this site with his vast knowledge on forums and indeed
his xtrail, he had a great passion for both.

I sure you will all join me in passing on our deepest sympathy to John's wife and family.

If I get any other details I will let you.

Regards
Fiona.

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is so sad, ibster was a very helpful and friendly member of the forum.

Losing someone is never easy and my thoughts and sympathies are with his family and friends.

Thinking of you ibster

·
Registered
86 Posts
Tragic....absolutely tragic news...

Although we never met I still considered him to be a friend
as I do all members of this forum. He will be greatly missed.
My thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.

RIP Ibster....

akastiggy

·
Registered
115 Posts
sorry to hear such a loss

Words cannot convey enough, never met him but enjoy and was informed by his knowledge a loss to us all...

G

·
My sympathy goes out to all his family.

He welcomed me as a new member only a short while ago.

He will be missed by everyone.

G

·
Thankyou all for your kind words.

John loved this site and i'm well aware he classed you all as "friends"

He was always talking about the people he talked to on this site and never had a bad word to say about anybody.

I think it would be right to let you all know how and what happened.

John went out to buy a small runabout to modify and race at Knockhill. He found it on The Gumtree website. Whilst driving the car home he was sideswiped by a bus. Left the road and hit a tree. I havn't got any more details about the crash as there is still an investigation going on. John passed away in hospital with "us" the family round him. The ironic thing is that he used to be a bus driver.

I will keep logging on to see how you are all getting on. I know he would want me to keep an eye on you all.

Nicola

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nicola

John has not been to far from my thoughts today.

I never met John but talked with him on the here many times about the site and all things related to it and considered him a friend.

Any time you want to come on for a chat of to let off some steam just post away.

Fiona.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Very sad news. We were due to meet up in august at his fathers horticultural show, to show off our xy's and promote the site.
My thoughts are with his family.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just read this, shocked and saddened, ibster was always very helpful and friendly, we never met but will be greatly missed.
My sympathies to all who knew him.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just read this, shocked and saddened, cannot believe that we have all lost a good friend and helpful fellow exy owner..
My sympathies to all his family and those that knew him.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What a shock to read such news, I am shaken to the core with what was unexpected and devastating news.

As all the x-trailers will agree, ibster was a great member of this little community here and will be fondly remembered for his worldly advice and wit.
I cannot believe it that he was killed, just like that.

What a fragile world we live in, god bless his family.
My heart felt wishes go with them, at their time of greatest need.

R.I.P ibster.

G

·
I have been busy with work commitments etc and have not been on here for a few weeks, I have just read this and to be honest I cant believe it. I am speechless.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts