Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well............

Had my exy for about 3 weeks, everything going great till my front passenger side brake started sticking - no big deal car still under warranty from Arnold Clark.

Took it in to Arnold Clark, very helpful, however, brake caliper is on back order from Nissan. Anyone got any idea how long Nissan take to supply back order parts? Garage doesn't have a clue. they did give me a courtesy "Ka" for a week and a half, but "Don't worry Mr Mitchell, if you need it longer you can keep it as long as it takes" aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgggggghhhhh! had to use the pay at pump at Tesco to avoid embarrassment lol.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
koymik said:
if that is the new ford KA (KA2), then I wont mind,coz it looks great.. :bow:
dunno?? it was a "55" reg and a big difference from an x-trail when you're 6'2" and 20 stone! - x-trail still in garage but now I have a Hyundai Getz which is worse than the Ka, but a little bigger! I WANT MY EXY BACK!!!!!!! :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One month and 3 days later and my x-trail is still in Arnold Clark, I went in today on the pretence of needing something out the car just so I could see inside it again!

Anyone else waiting for a new brake caliper from Nissan? :?:

On the plus side, the Getz is back in the garage and I now have a Honda Jazz! another six months in the garage and I should have a Range Rover Sport as my courtesy car :biggrin:

·
Registered
120 Posts
This is crazy, it would be quicker for you to fly to Japan, go to the scrappy get one off a wreck and bring it back into the country.

Maybe you should ask to speak to the manager of the garage and tell him you want his luxury car as the courtesy vehicle until yours is fixed, that might get their backsides into gear!!!

Good luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry been incommunicado with arrival of first born (reason I bought the x-trail) finally got it back from Arnold Clark 7 weeks after it went in! (before I got it back I tried Overton Dismantlers in Aberdeen to see about a used caliper. was quoted £120 +vat!)

Touch wood, all going great and really happy with it!

G

·
bigshuguk said:
Sorry been incommunicado with arrival of first born (reason I bought the x-trail) finally got it back from Arnold Clark 7 weeks after it went in! (before I got it back I tried Overton Dismantlers in Aberdeen to see about a used caliper. was quoted £120 +vat!)

Touch wood, all going great and really happy with it!
I have had both front calipers changed(under warrenty)with in 3 months of each other,and both done the next dayas long as tne dealer puts the order in befor 5,o,clock the part is delivered by 9,am next day. nissan at wigan very good and nice people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts