Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Only a full size wheel. Anything else and you risk an accident, especially if it's a space saver.

Just not worth the risk imho

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
You mean Nissans "Cost Saver" its as big as the normal wheel, actually its slightly wider by a few mm. I bought a wheel off e bay, it was off a T30, but other wise fits perfectly. I must admit I have only tried it on the rear wheel not the front which is something that I should do. The T30 17" wheel has only very minor cosmetic differences.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Stretsham

You can use the spare provided with the X-Trail but only up to 50 m.p.h. and NOT for towing.

The tyres are an unusual size and not freely available from most dealers. Normally they can be obtained by next day delivery but this could be a few days if a Bank Holiday weekend.

As I tow a caravan and tour abroad I too bought a spare from a scrap yard (needs to be 2007 onwards model). i didn't want a puncture to ruin my holiday.

Xacre

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I assume the "needs to be 2007 onwards model" is because it is 17" ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all, Thanks for all your responses I do have the cost saver fitted but will now try and source a suitable normal 17" road wheel from a scrap yard. But will it fit in the spare wheel well of the x trail ?.

·
Registered
84 Posts
stretsam said:
Hi all, Thanks for all your responses I do have the cost saver fitted but will now try and source a suitable normal 17" road wheel from a scrap yard. But will it fit in the spare wheel well of the x trail ?.
Yes

Xacre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts