Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

does anyone have recomendations for spring compressors ?

I have to change all four shocks

can I get away with the double feet sealy or hilka type ..?

thanks in advance for replies

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for replies guys , I went with the hilka clamps from Screwfix , did the job on all four corners no slipping - andyp would of preferred your option :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I can’t recommend the pneumatic compressor enough. Those clamps are deadly, thankfully I’ve never had the bad experience and won’t now that I’ve invested properly. £130 may seem extravagant to some but I do a lot of maintenance on my cars and for me, £130 vs losing a limb or taking a serious blow to the head is well worth it. Too many you tube videos of it going wrong with cheap clamps for my liking.

·
Registered
Nissan X Trail Columbia 2.2 DCi 2006
686 Posts
Yeah I can’t recommend the pneumatic compressor enough. Those clamps are deadly, thankfully I’ve never had the bad experience and won’t now that I’ve invested properly. £130 may seem extravagant to some but I do a lot of maintenance on my cars and for me, £130 vs losing a limb or taking a serious blow to the head is well worth it. Too many you tube videos of it going wrong with cheap clamps for my liking.
Indeed.

I thought I had broke my wrist, swelled up like an apple. Fortunately just a massive bruise from wrist to elbow, and I'm supposed to know what I'm doing.

In fairness, I was using them slightly outwith their intended purpose, but certainly made me rethink things!

·
Registered
2002 Nissan X-Trail T30, 2.0 SE+
38 Posts
I take it these are the 'widow makers'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts