Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 58 reg X-Trail Sport. Sometimes for no apparent reason it won't start... or rather it takes 10-15 turns before it does (imagine the embarrassment when it happened on exiting the Eurotunnel train... people behind getting very fractious). It's a sporadic occurrance and can happen when left for 10 minutes or overnight. Dealer has changed the fuel filter but it has happened again... it's booked in for further investigation but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks mucho.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In answer to my own question (for anyone interested) I think my local dealer has solved the problem... the body computer (whatever that is) was not communicating properly with the ECU. New one supplied under warranty by Nissan, and credit note provided for the unnecessary fuel filter + labour. Whoopee!

Very good experience with Nissan and its warranties, by the way... warped front discs replaced FOC and also rust where chrome rear door strip/handle digs into tailgate fixed FOC. Shouldn't have happened in the first place, of course, but it's nice to know that Nissan is prepared to put its hands up when something goes wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.