Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. In my introduction post I stated that I was having a few problems with my battery. I took it out and left it on normal charge for 12 hours overnight. Put it back in the next day where it seemed to start up ok on the first turnover, although it being abit spluttery. The 2nd time I turned it over it was perfect.

Every morning since the first start has been abit rough, but once going and restart the engine it goes fine, until this morning. Frosty morning and cold, went to start up and it just keeps on trying to turn over but doesn't seem to have the legs, then the battery goes dead. Got it on boost/start charge atm to try and get it going.

Any ideas?

Obviously I need a new battery by the sounds of it just to get the power problem sorted, but does it sound like it could do with new sparks? New HT leads? It's due a oil change service only, but i am thinking of maybe doing a major instead.

Thanks guys :thumbs:

·
Registered
16 Posts
i also have a 2.0 se+ and have the same problem. i find if u turn the ignition on and wait til the dash board lights go out befor starting the engine it will help. i think it is because all the eletrical stuff on the car trying to start at once. this is quite a common problem for top of the range jap cars in general.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
steve6685 said:
i also have a 2.0 se+ and have the same problem. i find if u turn the ignition on and wait til the dash board lights go out befor starting the engine it will help. i think it is because all the eletrical stuff on the car trying to start at once. this is quite a common problem for top of the range jap cars in general.
ah ok! i will try it out, and let you know!

Thanks Steve :thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried it this morning with the slow start and it seemed to start up alot easier with no real rough start. It's not as cold as it was yesterday but its an improvement.

Booked in for a full service on Tuesday, going to lay off the new battery to see if it improves. Thanks for your advice :biggrin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts