Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

After some advice here so sorry to ramble on : :thumbs: :thumbs: :

My 53 reg sport x started to pull to the left recently at any speed and the steering wheel was off centre and aimed towards the right. Not hit anything myself and the wife was none too happy when I suggested she had kerbed it!! :mrgreen:

Also, very very slight wheel wobble at 60-70mph but none under braking.

Anyway, just get it tracked, whees balanced all will be okay.

Took it too my mates garage, tyres appear ok with slight wear on the o/s. They cant do the balancing as they couldnt find the correct collar but they did look at the tracking.
First mechanic says wheels out of line but sorted now. My mate, the service manager says he will take a test drive but its still pulling to the left but now with the steering wheel aimed towards the left? Low speed test drive.
He tells me the first mechanic is a tool, tongue in cheek and gets another one to take a look. Tracking out again so he does it again, another test drive and still pulling to the left.
Back onb the ramp and somehow the measurements are out.? We only drove less than a mile.???

Ran out of time and I had been on nights ( 1 hr sleep in 24hrs) so they are going to take another look later in the week.

How could the tracking change in less than a mile? My main worry is that the steeering rack is goosed :bigcry:

Any advice please. Cheers Stuart. :bow: :bow: :bow:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seems odd replying to my own post but :mrgreen: .

Panic over, grease monkeys swopped over wheels, rebalanced them, checked tracking again. All now spot on!! :thumbs:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.