Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these supposed to illuminate when the lights are switched on? If not they are incredibly hard to use in the dark!
Every other car I have owned has controls that light up, if not why should these be different?

·
Registered
12 Posts
My steering wheel controls dont illuminate either, 2005 dci sport. Saying that, my headlamp aim and mirror adjustment switches dont either. I think it is Nissan being tight. Most over makes of car with a reasonable spec have them. I find my x trail very dark either side of the central dash, I am in the process of fitting blue and amber LED's to try and improve the vision slightly at night, especially the mirror and headlamp switch.
I did ask my local Nissan dealer why they aren't illuminated and they said that they presume you will set everything up when it is light! :lol: ****. I will post some pics when I have completed it.
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh right, so in their eyes nobody alters the cruise control and the stereo during darkness :lol:
Question for Nissan then - Why illuminate everything else in the car? Why not just set everything up before it goes dark? I have never heard so much joffamacuffy in my life :lol:

·
Registered
100 Posts
crazyhazy said:
Are these supposed to illuminate when the lights are switched on? If not they are incredibly hard to use in the dark!
Every other car I have owned has controls that light up, if not why should these be different?
They light up on my T31 :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:lol: The X-Trail is not the sexiest car on the market by a long chalk, for me practically it ticks all the right boxes. I chose the older version instead of the new, from what I have seen so far on the road,I am at 40 years old like it or lump it at the younger end of the scale when it comes to X-Trail drivers, and in my opinion the newer shape is slightly uglier than its predecessor. The new Honda Civic comes to mind!
Anyway that is my opinion and for that reason I will gladly put up with groping around with the steering wheel at night :D
And don't forget you cant tell from outside that they aren't lit :cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hmm, I never noticed they didn't light up till reading this :oops: I only have controls for the radio on the steering wheel and hardly ever use them anyways, prefer to use the controls on the radio which do light up!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
StevieJ said:
Hmm, I never noticed they didn't light up till reading this :oops: I only have controls for the radio on the steering wheel and hardly ever use them anyways, prefer to use the controls on the radio which do light up!
I see your point but you should be able to use them regardless of the time of day!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts