Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, first time on here so be gentle! I've had a good look at the forum but with no luck as to the info I'm after. Saying that, I've learnt some other things though!

Right, my stock radio/cassette comes on when I start the car but only for about 10 seconds then off again. Sometimes it comes back on but just goes off. It lights up when the lights are switched on. Does anyone think that this is a loose connection or has the unit had it? Also, is it possible to fit a new head unit that will work with the 6 cd changer that's behind the gear stick?

I've a good idea on how to get the silver facia thingy off, but thought I'd ask what others thought first. Thanks.

(52 plate x trail sport, & the best car I've ever had!)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vandy :biggrin:

Different question, same kinda thing. If I got a double din to fit where the radio & flip pocket is, is it a straight forward job to move the pocket down to where the cd changer is?

Sorry to go on but having just spent an hour in the car with no music on did my nut in! (had to talk to the missus!!) :roll:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Hi Divvot, welcome to the forum, do you have a local auto electrician?, they might be able to sort the cd/ radio out for you, which would be cheaper than buying a double din unit, just a thought, good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.