Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out yesterday evening and a quarter of a mile from home my engine just cut out in the middle of a roundabout. Tried 3 or 4 times to restart it but no go. Then I had a thought and tried the "computer solution", turned the ignition off completely, waited 10 seconds and tried again. Second try it fired up and seemed normal so I completed my 15 mile journey all running well. Parked up for 3 hours while I went about my business. Car started straight away and drove home without any issues. Never missed a beat.

Last week on starting up at home one day the car stalled as I tried to move off. Strange being an automatic. It re-started instantly that time though. I don't know whether the two incidents are connected, but it has done nothing like either of them before in two years of ownership. Any ideas? Intermittent faults are always the worst.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all and thanks for the replies. Sorry I haven't responded sooner but I have been away with my caravan and had no internet access. The car drove faultlessly up to Norfolk and for all our running around while up there. We came back earlier today and it never missed a beat coming back, so I still have no idea what caused it to cut out when it did, I guess it was just one of those unexplained mysteries. Probably not worth worrying about until it does it again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts