Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to notice what can only be described as a loud, low pitched, humming/rumble coming from the left hand side of the dash, near the DVD slot for the Satnav. It sounds like something spinning/wobbling. After I had heard it a couple of times I suspected the DVD player, its not that, for that to make so much noise I would have felt the vibration but didnt!
Anybody else heard this?

·
Registered
18 Posts
HI, I have heard that sometimes with the heater fan this can be the first sign it is going to let you down.
It is just behind and to the left of your area and would suspect that first.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the 2 replies above, I think you have hit the nail on the head, the reason being I have only noticed this recently and after I have jumped in the car after the missus! She wore a fleece one night in Lanzarote :oops: !!!!! It only happens when this occurs, otherwise I don't hear it. If it gets any worse then back in it goes :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone, 1st timer here.

I have exactly the same noise on my X Trail 2.2 Diesel SVE.

Turning the fan speed up to full makes it go away, for a short while anyway :sad:

I get the feeling the fan may be of the viscous type and might just need a dose of cleaning/looking at.

Anyone had a play with one of these units ??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
My X-Trail 2.2 dci sport makes a grinding noise from the fan when I go around a right hand bend sharply. Sounds daft but that is what it does. :headbang: I have taken the blower motor unit out on 2 occasions and it is a bit fiddly/tight to get out. The motor seems to be encased in the white plastic housing on the bottom of the unit and you will have to take out the whole assembly to get to it. I could'nt get the motor out of mine, and I did'nt want to force it at £335.00 from Nissan. :shock: Maybe someone can shed some light on this. :?:
I will take the whole assembly out again when the weather improves and have another good look to see what causes the noise. It is'nt the impellor as I have had this off and sits straight on the motor spindle and spins freely.
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine still makes the noise, it's getting worse in fact, I'm off to Spain for 5 days :p but when I come back I will book it in and let you know how I got on!
Funnily enough - I WILL miss the snow!

·
Registered
28 Posts
David said:
Hi,
My X-Trail 2.2 dci sport makes a grinding noise from the fan when I go around a right hand bend sharply. Sounds daft but that is what it does. :headbang: I have taken the blower motor unit out on 2 occasions and it is a bit fiddly/tight to get out. The motor seems to be encased in the white plastic housing on the bottom of the unit and you will have to take out the whole assembly to get to it. I could'nt get the motor out of mine, and I did'nt want to force it at £335.00 from Nissan. :shock: Maybe someone can shed some light on this. :?:
I will take the whole assembly out again when the weather improves and have another good look to see what causes the noise. It is'nt the impellor as I have had this off and sits straight on the motor spindle and spins freely.
David
Same here, around rh corners ???

Must be something floating in there then.

Not the weather to be investigating that at the moment, dont want to bu**er up the heater in thye winter :grin:

I read somehere else about spraying wd40 or similar into the outside heater ducts ??? with the fan on full.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts