Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2003 X trail has been great to own but I now have a serious problem as the sump has rusted through.
I have never encountered this before. I guess at one time cars leaked so much oil that the outside of the sump could be about as oily as the inside.
Have any other owners encountered this problem?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
climber said:
My 2003 X trail has been great to own but I now have a serious problem as the sump has rusted through.
I have never encountered this before. I guess at one time cars leaked so much oil that the outside of the sump could be about as oily as the inside.
Have any other owners encountered this problem?
I too have a similar problem ansd am shocked to find that it is a "dealer only part" and costs a whopping £257 and that's without fitting it. If anyone knows of a cheaper outlet it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had my sump replaced on my 53 reg about 6 months ago for the same reasons. I did consider buying a second hand sump but could have ended up with the same problem down the line. A breaker qouted me £120.

Bit the bullet in the end and paid about £250 for the sump from a nissan dealer. Bear in mind labour charges as I don't think its a straight on/off job. :bigcry:

Cheers Stuart. :thumbs:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts