Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I 1st got my X Trail (2006 Columbia) after very heavy rain I got a wet seat and the head lining was showing signs of damp.
I checked the sunroof drains with strimmer cord to see if they were blocked, the one above the drivers side was, :?: but I was unable to clear.
I took out the head lining and found the sun visor screw had pinched the plastic drain pipe.
I shortned the pipe and hey presto I now have a dry seat after heavy rain.
I am guessing it must have leaked for three years from new.
Anyone else encountered this? :|

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, I had a wet drivers seat and damp/wet roof lining develop after 3 years of (dry) ownership.

I frequently park my car under a 'peppercorn' tree, and was unaware the sunroof even HAD 2 drains!
I genuinly thought that I had a SEAL leak.

Popped around to a mate after having Duct tape cover the sunroof edges for 5 whole months (rainy season!).

He got a micro funnel, inserted it into the passenger side drain, and nice little puddle underneath the car, as it should do...

inserted it into the drivers side drain, and water spilt straight out, onto my car seat....!

Long piece of fine wire, and we cleared the 'peppercorns' out of the tube - sorted!!!
Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.