Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a question:
I'm thinking of swapping the standard bumper fog lights for driving lights. I'll then fit some fog lights under the bumper (behind some plexi-glass or similar to stop stone chips) Obviously I'll re-wire so the stalk control still operates the (new) fog lights and have the driving lights coming on with full beam.
Does anyone know if this is legal as I seem to remember from years back that driving lights are meant to be above the bumper, not under it?
If there are any members of the constabulary (or anyone that knows) on the forum would be good to hear back.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Davey
No, not running lights - just want the ones I fit in the bottom of the bumper (in the air intake scoops) as fog lights but want the driving lights in the bumper recess where the fog lights are at the moment that will come on with full beam.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Hey Vandy. In the Netherlands are the following rules.
Fog-light front: only when your dim-lights are on. You may use one of the fog-lights as cornering lights for the side you move to, only in combination with dim-light. (Or beam when your alone on the road...)
Driving lights: you may only use them, WITHOUT ANY OTHER LIGHTS, including back-lights!! When you put on your dim-lights, the driving-lights must get of. They come with an relais (automatic switch)
I was planning them too, but I wanna put them besides the city-lights (8 Leds, bended shape) See picture.
What you want to do with other foglights: I did te same (Air inlet under bumper) at my 1987 Sunny coupe: this place seemed designed for it... (Hella foglights) See my album for example. Curious for the results.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.