Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle:- 54plate DCI Sport.

Is there a way I can switch off the passenger air bag to safely fit a Baby seat in the front? There is no Switch on opening the passenger door as expected so I was wondering if I could get the manufacturer to fit a MOD or if I could do one myself.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Hi richie, I'm afraid you can't do that on the XT and Nissan say that all children should be located on the back seat and to use their fixing points to secure the child seat. Haven't you got the owners manual richie ?..................

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh I have the user manual and as you have said it doesn't mention the ability to switch off the air bag but with other manufacturers this can be an optional extra so I was just hoping.

I haven't seen any fixing points for child seats either though where are these located?

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
richie244 said:
Yeh I have the user manual and as you have said it doesn't mention the ability to switch off the air bag but with other manufacturers this can be an optional extra so I was just hoping.

I haven't seen any fixing points for child seats either though where are these located?
If you have the correct user manual it's pages 35-38 and the best system for your new born is the isofix system▼
isofix system.jpg

Go for the best seat that will save your child's life that's what I'd want.
Here's a link that explains the isofix system▼

http://www.lilimay.com/car_seats/isofix.php

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure we are supposed to have Iso fix because no matter how much i have looked I cant see the fixing points. I thought all x trails post 2004 had them going to have another look.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
richie244 said:
Are you sure we are supposed to have Iso fix because no matter how much i have looked I cant see the fixing points. I thought all x trails post 2004 had them going to have another look.
richie, even mine has them and that's the very first model. The location is on the two outer rear seats not the middle one, if you lift the seating part forward, then run your hand underneath bottom part of the backrest you'll feel them, there are two each side.

Left click mouse to open jpeg file twice for Max view
Isofix X-Trail copy.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will go check them out tomorrow. When I say I will go check them out what I really mean is the wife will tell me which one we will get after I ask about them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.