Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 2007 (57) X-Trail 2.0 Sport (173) and currently tearing my hair out trying to find a suitable means of carrying 2-3 bikes. The car has extreme roof rails and as such I am not too keen to go roof mounted (I have read the posts and viewed the pictures on this forum) as this seems to be a permanent fixture. I also tow a caravan with an Alko stabiliser and have a swan neck (Nissan) towbar. My favoured position is towbar mounted but can't find anything. There are those that attach to the tailgate but the t31 has a plastic body moulding on the bottom making it too broad for the clips on the racks.

Three weeks on Thursday to my summer Hols so ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
706 Posts
heres one for an x trail

http://www.micksgarage.co.uk/CarSpec.as ... Trail+(4x4)+07%2f2001+-+06%2f2007

Bike Racks by Car
Item code: 209446

Nissan X-Trail 4x4 07/2001 - 06/2007 3-Bike Rear Door Mounted Bike Carrier - Adventure 620
For transporting 3 cycles, the Adventure 620 cycle rack is mounted onto the tailgate / rear door and therefore does not need any extra equipment. 1 minute installation is all that is required. When not in use - the cycle rack folds and can be neatly stored

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
daveyboy said:
heres one for an x trail

http://www.micksgarage.co.uk/CarSpec.as ... Trail+(4x4)+07%2f2001+-+06%2f2007

Bike Racks by Car
Item code: 209446

Nissan X-Trail 4x4 07/2001 - 06/2007 3-Bike Rear Door Mounted Bike Carrier - Adventure 620
For transporting 3 cycles, the Adventure 620 cycle rack is mounted onto the tailgate / rear door and therefore does not need any extra equipment. 1 minute installation is all that is required. When not in use - the cycle rack folds and can be neatly stored
Link did not work properly - I think you meant THIS.

or THIS.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the silly roof mounted lights on my 58 plate (kids call them rabbit lights, want to go shooting at night). I removed the covers to the roof bar mounts, bought two Halfords roof bars and cut them to fit, drilled 4 clearance holes for the 6mm bolts. Now I just fit standard roof cycle carriers to the bars. Takes about 15 minutes to fit/remove, hardest part is removing the plastic covers. Will add a picture when I get a chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.