Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

this is my first post so take it easy on me.

iam looking to get a tow bar for a caravan fitted to my T30. and have been told i need to have the bumper cut out to have it fitted.
is this the case for all tow bars or are there models available that dont need the bumper butchering?

any advice would be grateful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi, I can't see how it could be avoided as the tow bar is just above the black part of your bumper but I can't say for sure.
I have a bosal fitted and my bumper has a rectangle cut out approx 3"x2.5" (LxW)and I actually think it makes the x look more rugged!
I think you wouldn't be as bothered as you think, I'll upload a photo for you :bow:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, drove behind one this morning with a tow bar and it looks like just the black shield needs cutting not the actual (silver) bumper. so hopefully wont be too bad. :thumbs:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi there i have fitted 3 tow bars to xtrails T30 and its not a problem to cut out the rear bumper they give you a template to use... :whistle: ,on my !st xtrail 2005 dci i removed the tow bar to fit it on to my new xtrail 2006 2.5 lpg and you could not notice that the bar hah been taken off unless you got under the back.to have a look.also its great for backing into parking bays when you touch the wall you stop.lol. hope this helps...mark

·
Registered
68 Posts
seen69 said:
Thanks for that, drove behind one this morning with a tow bar and it looks like just the black shield needs cutting not the actual (silver) bumper. so hopefully wont be too bad. :thumbs:
Took a closer look at mine today, you don't actually cut the black shield it will be the silver part that slopes under your bumper and meets the black part!
As I said and silver25lpg said you don't notice unless you look under :biggrin:
Take a look at my album I uploaded a couple of photos for you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts