Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to change the standard single din radio/cd in my 2005 model. I understand that I have to remove the silver trim that surrounds the radio/heater controls and sat nav. I am very reluctant to do this without first checking if this is the correct way as I really don't want to break the surround. I would be very grateful if anyone has done this and if so are there any photo's anywhere showing the procedure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's very easy to remove the trim around the sat nav. Use a plastic panel popper, and start at the bottom. Gently twist and go around the edge. Once off, you disconnect the plugs to the heater etc and then you have access to the unit. There are pictures of radio removal which should be similar on here http://www.fitaudio.com/?View=entry&EntryID=161
Hope this helps

·
Registered
18 Posts
That was exactly what i was going to say as i recently done mine, but what i found was the little plastic surround of the head unit (the detachable black one about 3-4mm wide) needed a little reworking to fit as the original opening is a little bit smaller than standard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did you get on with iso leads? I'm having a nightmare with them. The sat nav has come out but i cant get power to the new aftermarket head unit. Any advice? cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts