Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wounder if you can advise - I have had the car for approx 1 month now and I love it, however the engine noise is very loud, especially at low revs - in fact the rear view mirror vibrates very slighty meaning the image is slightly blurred.

On the motorway or when at 40 mph+, it seems fine and the power etc seems OK.........my question is does this seem normal to compared to other X-trails.

The car is a 57 reg with 12000 miles, but does feel slightly agicultural at low speeds because of this noise (easily as noisy as my old series I Landrover Discovery)

Thanks - Paul

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, My 57 plate 150 bhp x trail also has a vibrating rear view mirror. At the last service I mentioned it and it seemed to improve. However after another month the vibration returned. At 18500miles I had to have a new windscreen (£780). The RVM still vibrates. The only other point is that the dual carriageway near to where I live, was recently resurfaced and on this section of road the mirror does not vibrate at all.

I have thought about replacing the mirror with an after market one that auto dimms. The lack of an auto dimming mirror on a 26k car is rather stingy. My only concern is finding a 12v dc supply to power it.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hi paul, i have a T31 173 Tdi with 8k on the clock. Rear view mirror is fine for me, engine not unduly noisy either.
Poss worth a trip to your local dealer?

·
Registered
22 Posts
To Kennygwood.

Thank you for your reply, I will try the dealer again. My previous posts detailed a fuel gauge fault. Upon filling the car, the gauge would not read full, (one LED block from the top). The dealer replaced one of the fuel tank sender units. The next three fill ups were fine, however the problem seems to have returned. The dealer said that this may be the case and that the second sender unit may have to be replaced. I will keep all users informed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
My 173 is not too noisy and no bad vibrations, but I do get a bit of turbo whisle. Iv'e seen comments that this is bad, but I only bought it a few weeks ago and in trying other cars (CR-v etc) they seem to do the same.

2008 - 173 - 9500 miles

Chris

·
Registered
34 Posts
I too have a 173 which currently has 22k miles on the clock, I haven't noticed an excessive amount of engine noise, in fact its alot quieter than my 2005 Volvo S40 2.0 Diesel. As for the rear view miror it does vibrate a little on those occasions when I should have dropped down an extra gear when needing that little extra oomph. I'll soon reach the 25k service interval and will mention this to the dealership, along with my knocking, rattling rear nearside back rest and rattling bonnet!

Bambus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts