Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all, just looking for any advice or ideas at this stage.
the timing chain has either snapped or slipped either way the bottom turns the top doesn’t. So I’m working on its finished. It’s done 210K. So sort of owed me nothing except it now has a full years Mot, lots of wrk done on it and is a good spec aventura with all the toys.
Net result I’ve attempted to take the engine out over the weekend. Only to find it doesn’t want to come out the top as there isn’t enough room with flywheel/torque converter on. Even with everything else stripped off the front end.
So I assume it had to come out with the gearbox out underneath with the subframe removed as well
I have access to a 98,000k engine to replace it. But is it worth the hassle.

So I’m now in two minds whether to break it for spares, just scrap it or get it moved to a workshop somewhere so I can drop it all out.
So any thoughts people have gratefully received.

·
Registered
381 Posts
If I could still do things like that myself I would go ahead. At least you know the car, and if it's otherwise good why get rid of it for something else that you don't know? Unfortunately I am no young enough or fit enough to be able to do major work like that so I would have no such choice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I’m sort of there myself. I know what’s been done to it. But I’m struggling to do it at home. But I think perseverance may be the answer. 🤣👍👍

1 - 3 of 3 Posts