Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have so far enjoyed the X-trail immensely but have now found a worrying issue.

Over the last 2 months or so I have noticed that my average fuel consumption is around 27 mpg. That is a lot less then I got when we first bought the car in March last year.
It is the 175 bhp version and the only thing that I recall we have had done is the 2 recalls and new disks fitted to the front wheels as the old disks were too corroded.

I don't remember exactly what the recalls were for, I think one was for the steering wheel bolt.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what may be causing it?
My driving style hasn't changed, if anything I am more frugal now.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
18 Posts
On my 08 plate 173 the fuel consumption got worse the closer to a service it got.......could almost judge 12K miles by fuel consumption. Once serviced, oil changed and ecu downloaded/reset back up it went. Also changing tyres made a difference. started from new at 40-41mpg avg, new tyres......37ish....near a service <34ish..........
Opening the big sunroof also hammered fuel consumption!

My new model 173 is returning 44-46mpg and with significantly lower CO2....engine much freer than previous 08 plate and more responsive....though gear change much stiffer and more notchy - get one bit right another bit suffers. Tried my dealers demo new one and same naff feeling gearbox.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.