Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if the T31 petrol version in the UK came with the engine cover like this?

If it did, can you please contact your local Nissan dealer and get a part number for it and please let me know what does the kit include (i.e. bolts, mounting bracket...etc)

I would really appreciate your help in this regard as am trying to help the T31 guys in Australia to source this, as the T31 exy in Australia didn't come with this engine cover.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,

Long time no speak ;)

Can I please ask you for a favour?

Can someone please ring their local Nissan Dealer and enquire about availability and pricing of the following 2 part numbers?

* 14041-JG30A
* 14049-JA00B

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Jalal

Have just had a call back from the Nissan dealer over here. He said that the serial numbers are not valid UK spec. numbers and would need the Vin number of the vehicle. Would have thought this would be a slight problem as if your car doesn't have the covers then the Vin umber would show up as not having them so can't see how this would help the search?

(Funnily enough, I was trying to source an engine cover for my T30 and they told me pretty much the same thing)

Let me know what you want me to do and I'll see how I can help :thumbs:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Vandy,

That's the problem with UK Nissan dealers, they don't bother looking for a part number unless you give them the VIN and then when you do the part magically appears in their system (under the same serial number) :)

I guess the only question you can ask the dealer in your spare time is if the UK T31 Nissan X-Trail 2.5LT Petrol CVT (2008 model and up) came with the engine cover and he can look it up in their parts system.

Maybe the T31 guys on this forum can also confirm if their T31 exy came with one or not.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Ours don't come with them over here - would like to know which countries they do get them in as I can't find one. I see you have a few over there on your site but they come off another vehicle that shares the same engine. Again, don't know about AUS but in the UK, the new version of the T31 only comes in diesel :bigcry:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vandy said:
in the UK, the new version of the T31 only comes in diesel :bigcry:
That explains it mate, this engine cover is for a T31 2.5LT petrol, so of course your dealer won't know about this part number as you don't have the xtrail model there.

WOW, strange indeed that Nissan UK decided not to bring it the 2.5LT petrol variant.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Yea, I know. It's all down to emmisions now and I think I was the only person asking for a petrol version! Seriously thinking of changing to a Subaru Outback 3.0 at the moment but the problemm is I love the X Trail. May go for a late T31 but am being put off by all the talk of problems with the CVT boxes. I guess the other option is to pack everyting up here and move out to Aus - I'd get my petrol X Tril them and have great places to take it off road.

Hope you manage to find a cover from somewhere - you've got the photo so they do exist. All the best mate and good to see you posting on the UK site - I do keep an eye on yours but admit I don't post much - the answer is usually there somewhere in amongst all the great posts.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, I am chasing Nissan Australia for an answer and re-assurance on the CVT transmission problems. Nissan USA extended the warranty on the CVT for all Nissan cars to 10 years or 120,000kms, so am trying to push Nissan Australia to do the same.

Their CVT manufacturer (JATCO) addressed the faulty part and Nissan are replacing the entire CVT transmission as soon as the customer complains of hearing noises, so hopefully it is no longer an issue in the newer face-lift models.

I found the engine cover in the US, but it is ****** expensive, so I have to wait to find one 2nd hand.

Pop in and say "Hi" when you have time ;-)

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Good news about the CVT boxes then - the main thing is they have admitted there is a fault with them and are doing something positive about it. Still not sure what to do though!

Will pop in soon. All the best :thumbs:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts