Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have recently bought a new Xtrail T31 2WD 2.0D manual Irish import from a local Nissan dealer and am confused over the actual kerbweight.

Having researched this before buying, as I tow a caravan with a maximun weight of 1610kg, I thought from the Nissan Ireland website the kerbweight was between 1554 and 1641 kg and with driver added between 1630 and 1715 kg.

Having just received the V5 the revenue weight is displayed as 1700kg!

As I have added a towbar and side bars weighing approximately 50kg would this increase the actual kerbweight to 1750kg?

I would like to know as it is possible to increase the caravan maximum weight up to a maximum of 1700kg but do not wish to tow more than the actual kerbweight although the car towing limit is 2000kg.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for the information Kennygwood.

I have a pre 1997 licence but do not wish to tow over 100% of the kerbweight and would like to be less.

There is a lot of conflicting information over the actual Xtrail kerbweights some of which is outlined in my post and I am looking for members experiences.

Regards

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.