Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken delivery of a new Tekna (T31) but was expecting a Bose digital sound system (under passenger seat ?) with a graphic equaliser & 9 speakers including a sub-woofer (all according to the brochure & online reviews).

I don't see any of this unless I am missing something ?

Does anyone know the spec ?

(I am visiting the Dealer shortly but would appreciate an unbiased reply).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the best wishes, Vandy - I'm enjoying the car immensely although still less than a week old.

I revisited the brochure which states "features are grade specific" which implies standard in some cases. I'll challenge the Dealer when I visit.

Its not a big deal, & anyway can't do anything about it now unless it can be retrofitted. I probably wouldn't go to that expense at present but I do like listening to a good quality sound system.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Ron

Wouldn't suggest the reto-fit route - once got a price for a retro fit full logic system (13 speaker set up!) for a BMW and could have bought a new car for what they quoted. Anything's possible but some things aren't worth it! Safe driving and enjoy.
Vandy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Ron

Did you find out about the BOSE system? I am picking up my Tekna X-Trail next week and it was advertised as having a Bose premium speaker system.

BUT: Having looked around, I can see that the Bose system used the old satnav. The new sat nav system uses a touch screen single disc HDD / DVD system.

The new model has a 9GB music server and DVD playback.

It seems you can't get both the BOSE and the new Sat nav system together. (It's a lottery which one you get when getting the vehicle it seems)

If anyone knows for sure I would like to know.

Many thanks

Val

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Val -

No, I didn't get a definitive answer, but the consensus is as you say. There was probably a cut-off point somewhere so I suppose there may be both configurations around, although I suspect that all ex-factory ones will now have the upgraded SatNav ?

Its an interesting trade-off. I would certainly have preferred a better audio system, don't need a HDD as I use an iPod, & there are so many SatNavs around at good prices to buy separately. On the other hand, I expect its not just the SatNav but also the surrounding software so there may be other features on the computer that would be missing - & make no mistake, its pretty good SatNav & there are some nice buttons to press !

In any case, the audio is a relatively minor issue. I love the Xy, its easy to drive, great driving position, & of course lots of load space. There are some minor irritations (I won't spoil it for you as they're probably individual preferences etc.) - so I wish you many happy miles of enjoyment !

Cheers,

Ron

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for getting back to me Ron.

Looking forward to getting it. I have 2 dogs, 2 x kids and a wife so I need something bigger. (I could not face driving a people carrier to be honest)

But I agree with you, the idea of having better sound vs a HDD is a no brainer. As long as the cd player was MP3 compatible, it would not have mattered.

I still don't know which system my Exy will have as it was a cancelled order and I got it.

I gather the original customer who ordered it done so 3 - 4 months previous, as that was the waiting list to get them built from the factory. March / April would be my guess.

The reason for the 3 - 4 month wating list was due to my inclusion of the extreme roof rails which can only be fitted @ factory by Nissan??

(Although the stlye pack will be fitted by the dealer)

Either way, I will know in a few days!

Will report back!

Val

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Valen said:
Thanks for getting back to me Ron.

Looking forward to getting it. I have 2 dogs, 2 x kids and a wife so I need something bigger. (I could not face driving a people carrier to be honest)

But I agree with you, the idea of having better sound vs a HDD is a no brainer. As long as the cd player was MP3 compatible, it would not have mattered.

I still don't know which system my Exy will have as it was a cancelled order and I got it.

I gather the original customer who ordered it done so 3 - 4 months previous, as that was the waiting list to get them built from the factory. March / April would be my guess.

The reason for the 3 - 4 month wating list was due to my inclusion of the extreme roof rails which can only be fitted @ factory by Nissan??

(Although the stlye pack will be fitted by the dealer)

Either way, I will know in a few days!

Will report back!

Val
Hello. Just cirious: what did yoy pay for the special roofrailings with light?? PM me please.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Since taking delivery of my "no Bose" Xtrail in April, I have been querying why features in the owner's manual donn't work, and whether the map data is up to date. I have been back to the dealer's twice to try and load satnav update DVDs. Neither worked. I have had several more contacts with Nissan customer services and am currently awaiting a response. I have also contacted Navteq customer services in Holland who were quite helpful but....
As a result of my research, and noting other threads here - "2010 satnav DVD" and "satnav", I think I understand the situation - which is more than be said for my dealer and Nissan Customer Services!
When I test drove the T31 at one dealership, it had the Bose system and DVD satnav.
When I ordered at another dealership, it was marked up "No Bose" on the order form. When I asked what this meant, I was told that a different system was now in use with fewer speakers but otherwise there was no change.
In fact the "no Bose" system means that a Nissan Connect premium HDD Satnav and Music system is installed. Presumably the absent features mentioned in earlier posts only apply to the Bose version.
As regards map updates, Navteq state that, unlike the Bose version ie with the DVD satnav, for which they brought out update discs (to complicate matters these are either version 6 or version 7 according to the kit fitted), they are not taking responsibility for providing updates for the HDD system and that will be down to Nissan. They also say that there is no update yet available anyway so the 9-10 No 1 map in my car is still meant to be current.
This surprises me since changes two or three years ago on the A road network aren't shown. Maybe they aren't on the Jan 2010 released Navteq update discs either. It will be interesting to see if, in a year or so, I receive any info about map update availability, and how it might be done.
Whilst accepting that manufacturers can constantly change spec and that manuals don't keep pace, my contention is that there should be a bank of expertise / knowledge base available to dealers and customers able to answer such queries. Such a facility is lacking at Nissan it seems and my opinion of the brand is lower as a result. Customer Services have done little to improve my view. The MD - Paul Wilcox has not responded to my email about these issues.
Perhaps if enough customers make contact about the confusion over satnav / sound system kit in the 2010 Xtrail, someone will get a grip and take a strategic view of how such issues can be managed effectively.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.