Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a strange one, Last week the clock on the sat nav (top right) decided to put itself back an hour. Not a problem perform the reset that have read about on this site, nope not worked when I go into the 'where am I setting GPS' it is showing connection too two or three satellites giving me the correct location. I have tried setting the time too London and also automatic but it still refuses to update. Has anyone got any ideas on this? It is a T31 2007 aventura.

·
Registered
499 Posts
How strange, mine has just done this too! I have never touched the sat-nav clock settings since I bought the car in 2019, and don't really have any idea a how to. I have never needed to as it has always been right. I know how to alter the clock in the small dial where the mileometer is, and do so twice a year when the clocks change, but the sat-nav one has always changed itself on the appropriate days. What has caused this, does anyone know? I thought it was just my car.

·
Registered
603 Posts
My system clock has been out for several years , using the auto setting. I recently went to adjust it to the correct time, the only way I could find to do that was , as pointed out above, by using the offset. I've no idea why it was out before or what might have caused a more recent change, sorry.

·
Registered
499 Posts
My system clock has been out for several years , using the auto setting. I recently went to adjust it to the correct time, the only way I could find to do that was , as pointed out above, by using the offset. I've no idea why it was out before or what might have caused a more recent change, sorry.
I started out by increasing the offset by 59 minutes, then discovered the setting to change from auto to manual for when the clocks change. Mine was set to auto so I switched it from auto to manual then back to auto. Suddenly I noticed that it was now 1 hour out the other way, so I reset the offset back to zero, and all was correct again. It's back to perfect time now and I still have no idea what could have caused it to jump back an hour a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I started out by increasing the offset by 59 minutes, then discovered the setting to change from auto to manual for when the clocks change. Mine was set to auto so I switched it from auto to manual then back to auto. Suddenly I noticed that it was now 1 hour out the other way, so I reset the offset back to zero, and all was correct again. It's back to perfect time now and I still have no idea what could have caused it to jump back an hour a couple of weeks ago.
A glitch in the matrix ??
Bizarre, but my T31 ('57 plate ) did the exact same thing with the clock a couple of weeks ago.
This was the first time the clock had to be played with in the 12 years I've owned the car !!
I had a play looking for daylight saving settings etc and a couple of minutes later it was all working correctly.
(I actually hadn't a clue what I was doing but found ticking and unticking a few boxes worked.)
I've no idea why it would have suddenly 'un-set' itself in the first place ?

·
Registered
499 Posts
A glitch in the matrix ??
Bizarre, but my T31 ('57 plate ) did the exact same thing with the clock a couple of weeks ago.
This was the first time the clock had to be played with in the 12 years I've owned the car !!
I had a play looking for daylight saving settings etc and a couple of minutes later it was all working correctly.
(I actually hadn't a clue what I was doing but found ticking and unticking a few boxes worked.)
I've no idea why it would have suddenly 'un-set' itself in the first place ?
Mine's a 57 plate too and I have owned it 3 years. I've never needed to touch the clock so consequently had no idea how, so I went by trial and error. It worked though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts