Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been loving my X-trail for the past 20k miles I’ve had it. Recently had the rods changed whilst getting a new set of tyres and about 300 miles later developed a knocking noise. Taken it back and it looks like all the bushes on the front subframe need doing.
Just curious if anyone has had this work done or done it themselves and how much I should be looking to pay?
Cheers, Aza

·
Registered
Nissan X Trail Columbia 2.2 DCi 2006
847 Posts
Hi all, been loving my X-trail for the past 20k miles I’ve had it. Recently had the rods changed whilst getting a new set of tyres and about 300 miles later developed a knocking noise. Taken it back and it looks like all the bushes on the front subframe need doing.
Just curious if anyone has had this work done or done it themselves and how much I should be looking to pay?
Cheers, Aza
Member Norfolk Jim had the entire subframe changed to reduce labour costs.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi - sorry I've been away.

Yes I had it done as had opposite bushes gone.

My garage found it cheaper to replace whole front subframe with bushes in it than to do separate bushes. I was pleasantly suprised to find part was only around £180 and think it took about an hour to fit. Bonus is you get rid of the old frame completely rather than just bushes which Ok are around £90 but still have old frame. I know mine is complete new unit.

Made a huge difference not just ride but is quieter.

Mine is 2011 T31 Facelift Tekna Celtic tuned to 221hp with now 187k miles on clock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts